Official Jessica Watson BlogSubscribe to Blog RSS feed
I'm happy to report that yesterday we finally made some good progress (see Pic 2 below) and today's been a good days sailing too. It's amazing how much closer Sydney looks when we're moving. And wow, we're starting to get close too!
So nothing too new or exciting to report just lots of flying along with the occasional patch of sunshine and life as normal on Ella's Pink Lady.
Something I'm not too thrilled about though is the forecast for the next week. It's not going to be the easy sailing that I asked for. Hopefully nothing too bad but not exactly a walk in the park stuff either. OK, walk in
the park isn't really the best expression to use, but you get the picture!
I had to give myself a good talking to after reading Bob's latest forecast. I'd been hoping that was the last of the nasty stuff. Oh well, I've only got to keep up the whole "pretending to be tough" thing for a little while longer!
I hear someone (Grandad Chisholm!) has been stirring things up on both sides of the Tasman over whether I'm a Kiwi or and Aussie. Apparently New Zealand's trying to claim me! I don't think that anything I say will make the slightest difference on this one, but I will say that I do have both Australian and New Zealand passports.
Australia's home to me (sorry Grandad!) but my trusty first mate is a stuffed Kiwi!
Pic 1: Fitting the bladed to the new wind generator.
Pic 2: I turned the 'speedo' back on and I'm smiling about it!
- Only Six Weeks Until Our Exciting Campaign Starts!
- The Mini Fastnet, Turning 18 and World Food Programme Youth Ambassador
- Our Youth Should Have A Voice!
- Study, Ella’s Pink Lady and New Zealand
- Introducing The New Project!
- Bilbies, Bike Rides and Other Events
- Jessica the Bilby!
- Young Australian of the Year & Germany!
- Lion’s Club Fundraiser for the Flood Appeal this Sunday
- Happy New Year, Sailing & QLD Floods