Official Jessica Watson BlogSubscribe to Blog RSS feed
The swell is still pretty big but overall conditions are much more pleasant today. The drogue got winched in at dawn which turned out to be a lot easier than I was expecting and since then Ella's Pink Lady's been flying along
across the waves with only a little sail up. I've been catching up on a bit of sleep today, re-charging my batteries while I can.
So that was the good news. The bad news is that there's MORE rubbish weather headed our way. After looking at the weather charts showing this new low pressure system expected over the weekend, I'll admit I had to dig real deep to stay cool about it all. Right now I've got more than a few bruises and sore muscles. Overall I feel pretty drained and would kill for some easy sailing but seeing as that's not what I'm going to get I'm just going to have to toughen up some more and deal with it!
It helps a lot knowing that Ella's Pink Lady was built to take this and having Bob's great weather updates. As long as I keep myself fed and rested, there's no reason that I can't take anything on. Also, for some reason or another, it really does help knowing that's there's tonnes of people thinking of me out here, so thanks guys!
- Only Six Weeks Until Our Exciting Campaign Starts!
- The Mini Fastnet, Turning 18 and World Food Programme Youth Ambassador
- Our Youth Should Have A Voice!
- Study, Ella’s Pink Lady and New Zealand
- Introducing The New Project!
- Bilbies, Bike Rides and Other Events
- Jessica the Bilby!
- Young Australian of the Year & Germany!
- Lion’s Club Fundraiser for the Flood Appeal this Sunday